It’s Time For The Great American Beer Festival
Great American Beer Festival Is Here! Check out all of our events below. We are a short walk from the Colorado Convention Center and one of the premier locations for events outside of the Great American Beer Festival. Hope to see you here!
Don’t forget the crazy amounts of rotating beers that we tap during this week every year. You can find out what we currently have on draft right here on our site.
Monday September 17th 6pm
TRVE & Freshcraft Launch High Plains Beer Distribution
Join us as we kick of the Great American Beer Festival week with some very special friends! TRVE Brewing will be in house to launch the next evolution in their beer distributorship – High Plains Beer Distribution.
We will have a several amazing beers on tap from around the country including*:
- TRVE Brewing Cold
- TRVE Brewing Solid Hex
- Alvarado Street Brewery & Tasting Room Cold Pressed
- Alvarado Street Brewery & Tasting Room Mai Tai IPA
- J. Wakefield Brewing Frank White
- J. Wakefield Brewing Haterade
- Great Notion Brewing Mandela
- Scratch Brewing Company Sour Cedar
- Three Taverns Craft Brewery Inceptus
This is going to be a fun way to get one of the best beer week of the year started. We look forward to seeing you at Freshcraft.
Tuesday September 18th
Jameson Caskmates & Friends 6pm
Join us on Tuesday 9/18 for some great whiskey and beer! We will have beer from Great Divide Brewing Co. Revolution Brewing & Green Flash Brewing Co. – all partners in the Jameson Irish Whiskey Caskmates program. As may know we pour Caskmates IPA Edition on draft year round. We’ll also have the Stout edition and plenty of great beer to pair it with. The whiskey and beer start flowing at 6 pm.
Tap List to include*:
- Jameson Caskmates IPA Edition
- Revolution Brewing Anti Hero
- Revolution Brewing Cafe Deth
- Great Divide Brewing Co. The Smoothness
- Great Divide Brewing Co. Hazy IPA
- Great Divide Brewing Co. Yeti
- Green Flash Brewing Co. West Coast IPA
- Green Flash Brewing Co. Barrel Aged Blonde
- Captain Lawrence Golden Delicious, also pouring from bottles of Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition
Wednesday September 19th
Upslope Collaboration Tapping Party 7pm
Join us at our annual GABF Week tapping party withÂ Upslope Brewing Company! This year we brewed a Brut Rose IPA – and it’s amazing! Just for fun there will be Beer Frose as well. (Yes you read that correctly)
- Upslope beer flowing:
- Upslope x Freshcraft Brut Rose IPA
- Upslope Citra Pale
- Upslope Pumpkin Ale
- Upslope Berliner Weisse w/Guava & Dragon Fruit
- Upslope Fresh Hop IPA
Wednesday night is always a good night to “calibrate” for the Great American Beer Festival week with the Upslope Crew.
Thursday September 20th
Pre Sessions Session 12pm
Come in and get responsibly calibrated for Great American Beer Festivalweek with us on Thursday 9/20/18 at noon. We will be pouring several delicious beers with low ABVs. Have a couple (or a few) before the GABF sessions start.
Beers to be tapped will include*:
- Bierstadt Lagerhaus Oktoberfest
- Bierstadt Lagerhaus Helles Lager
- Skull Mechanix Brewing Wahrsager German Pilsner
- Jack’s Abby Craft Lagers Copper Legend
- The Oozlefinch Craft Brewery Summer Snow Gose
Boulevard and WeldWerks Collaboration Tap Takeover 3pm
Join us as at Freshcraft during GABF Week as good friends WeldWerks Brewing Company and Boulevard Brewing company reunite for a can’t-miss event. We’ll be tapping BOTH of the collaboration beers they recently made and more!
- WeldWerks x Boulevard Imperial Brut IPA brewed at WeldWerks
- Boulevard x WeldWerks Hazy IPA brewed at Boulevard
- Boulevard Rye on Rye on Rye on Rye
- Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale
- WeldWerks Extra Extra Juicy Bits
- WeldWerks Achromatic S’mores.
Spirit Animals: Laid Back Collaboration Ale Tapping 10pm
The party starts after the Great American Beer Festival session ends with the Spirit Animals tapping at Freshcraft. Once again we’ve gotten together with Ska Brewing & Telluride Brewing Co. to brew a collaboration beer – this time it’s a Gin & Juice inspired ale that we’re calling Laid Back brewed on the Ska Mod Project system in Durango.
In addition to the collaboration beer we’ll be pouring*:
- Ska Rue B. SoHo
- Ska Oktoberfest
- Ska Whiskey Sour
- Telluride Russell Kelly Pale Ale
- Telluride Greensky American Lager
- Telluride Tripel Cork
Friday September 21st
Classic Beverage Portfolio Preview 12pm
- Roaring Fork Hazy IPA
- Roaring Fork Slaughterhouse Lager
- Saugatuck Neapolitan Stout
- Fort George Hammock District
- Plus Cans of Fort George x Holy Mountain x Modern Times 3-Way IPA
Friday Session Pregame with Odell Brewing & Left Hand Brewing 3:30pm
Thinking about heading to the Great American Beer Festival on Friday 9/21/18? Stop in at Freshcraft ahead of time to pregame with Left Hand Brewing Company & Odell Brewing Co. No tickets? No problem – the breweries will be giving away a pair of tickets to a lucky guest!*
Whether you are attending session or not we will have some amazing beers to drink from each brewery including**:
- Odell Brewing Co Myrcenary
- Odell Brewing Co Cloud Catcher Milkshake IPA
- Odell Brewing Co Prop Culture
- Left Hand Brewing Company Wheels Gose ‘Round
- Left Hand Brewing Company A Blessing & A Curse Double IPA
- Left Hand Brewing Company Milk Stout Nitro
* No purchase necessary to win tickets, must be present to win
Heroes of Craft Beer 10pm
After the GABF session ends on Friday 9/21 join us for some fun with River North Brewery, Stone Brewing & Station 26 Brewing Co.. We’ll be putting on one of the best after parties in the city – complete with a Craft Beer Celebrity Look Alike contest. Your heroes (and ours) from the craft beer world will be roaming the streets of Denver during GABF week. Dress up as your favorite one and win prizes from the breweries and Freshcraft! Who knows, some of them are likely to be mingling with us at the bar.
Of course the real stars will be the beer – we’ll be pouring beers from each brewery including*:
- River North Mountain Haze
- River North White
- River North 2017 Whiskey Barrel Aged Mr. Sandman
- Station 26 Juicy Banger
- Station 26 Lemon Ginger Gose
- Station 26 Same Day IPA
- Stone Tropic of Thunder
- Stone Notorious P.O.G.
- Stone Fear.Movie.Lions
Saturday September 22nd
Big Bad Brunch with Epic Brewing 11am
Start the Saturday of GABF week off right at the Big Bad Brunch. No tickets necessary, no reservations needed. We will have several brunch options paired with amazing beers from Epic Brewing Company – including Mole Short Ribs and Chilaquiles paired with ’17 Big Bad Baptist.
We’ll also have Brewed Food Los Locos Micheladas, plenty of coffee and more.
Planned Tap List*:
- Epic Brewing ’17 Big Bad Baptist
- Epic Brewing Big Bad Baptista
- Epic Brewing Brainless on Guava
- Epic Brewing Drama Juice Hazy IPA
- Epic Brewing Tart N Juicy Sour IPA
Session Tweener w/ 4 Noses, Green Flash & Alpine 4pm
After the Great American Beer Festival Members Only Session ends on Saturday 9/22 and before the evening session starts we’ll be tapping some great beer from 4 Noses Brewing Company, Green Flash Brewing Co. & Alpine Beer Company.
Beers to be tapped include*:
- 4 Noses Brewing Company +Green Flash Brewing Co. Collaboration
- 4 Noses Brewing Company Bubblin’ Brut IPA
- 4 Noses Brewing Company Sour Peachapotomus
- Green Flash Brewing Co. Tropical DNA
- Alpine Beer Company HFS
The DownTown Wind Down 8pm
Join us as we celebrate another great Great American Beer Festival Week in the books. We’ll be doing what we do – serving great food, slinging cocktails and of course pouring some amazing beers.
We’ll be tapping in to beers from several great breweries including (but not necessarily limited to):
- La Cumbre Brewing Co.
- 3 Floyds Brewpub
- Aslin Beer Company
- Civil Society Brewing
- Commonwealth Brewing Company
- Russian River Brewing Company
- Modern Times Beer
- Hopworks Urban Brewery
Let’s have some fun this year! Remember, we’ll feed you some great food also.
PS: Looking for another great spot to dine in or perhaps have a cocktail? Check out our sister restaurant Block & Larder on Tennyson Street, which is just a quick Lyft ride away from the Colorado Convention Center.
*Due to circumstances beyond our control sometimes beers do not arrive or other issues come up so all beers are subject to change at any moment until they are tapped.