It’s about time for our favorite week of the year, GABF!
The Great American Beer Festival has gone from a 24 brewery, 47 beers and 800 attendee’s festival in 1984 to the behemoth it is today. This year expect over 4,000 beers from over 800 breweries. It’s crazy! Lucky for you we have a less crazy but still crazy week of events planned for you.
Freshcraft is located at 1530 Blake Street, Denver Colorado 80202 and is a quick 12-minute walk from the Denver Convention Center. We have a lot of fun events planned for you this year along with all that greatness our scratch kitchen is ready to fill you up before or after your GABF sessions. What’s great about our location is we are also extremely close to Union Station which will funnel festival goers to and from Denver International Airport DIA.
Every year we line up the best beers from the best breweries in Colorado and United State for GABF. This year we have a lot of great events prepared check out the list below.
- Monday September 17th High Plains Showcase at 6pm featuring TRVE, J. Wakefield, Alvarado Street, Scratch Brewing, Great Notion & Three Taverns
- Tuesday September 18th Jameson Caskmates & Friends at 6 pm featuring Great Divide, Green Flash & Revolution
- Wednesday September 19th Upslope Brewing Special Freshcraft Collaboration Tapping and GABF Pre-Party at 7pm (featuring Brut Rose IPA collaboration ale plus Beer Frose!!!!)
- Thursday September 20th Boulevard x Weldwerks at 3pm, Spirit Animal Tapping with Telluride x Ska Brewing at 10pm (featuring “Laid Back” Gin & Juice Inspired Collaboration Ale)
- Odell x Left Hand at 3:30pm, Heroes of Craft Beer GABF After Party & Costume Contest with Station 26, River North Brewing and Stone Brewing at 10pm
- Saturday September 22nd Big Bad Brunch with Epic Brewing at 10am, 4 pm Green Flash, Alpine and 4 Noses tapping
Whew! That’s a lot of sweet action and great beer! As always any of our events are subject to change, as are the beer line ups once those are announced.
A little secret for those that actually read this silly thing, there are tons of parking lots surrounding Freshcraft. All within a short 1 mile 10-minute walk to or from the Denver Convention Center. Freshcraft is the closest independent beer bar to the convention center and GABF. We have a daily happy hour from 3-7pm, freshly made from scratch food and 26 beers on draft.
Along with all that greatness I would expect to see A LOT of random kegs tapped that week. In the past we’ve featured the likes of Russian River, Bell’s, Boneyard, Cascade, Surly, Fremont, Modern Times, Sun King, Jester King, Cerebral and so many more. Be sure to check out the ever rotating list via TapHunter android and iphone app or website.
For all the n00bs coming into Denver this year. Be sure to stay hydrated. Don’t underestimate the power of 5280′ elevation combined with all the running around and alcohol consumption. Water water water. Last thing we want is to see our guests sick =).
Drink Independent. Have fun. Be patient. Take care of all your servers and bartenders at all the bars and restaurants you visit. This is an extremely busy week for all of us and they work very hard to make sure you have the best time possible.